<foo

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First Doctors Appointment- August 17th

I was so very nervous! I had never been to a male doctor before for female reasons. The nurse was even like, "you seem aweful nervous today". I told her it was my first child and I had no clue what to expect. She proceeds to tell me, we will take blood, do a pap, pelvic exam, breast exam and ultrasound. I was thinking oh great! Sounds like tons of fun! lol She definetly didn't make me feel more relaxed that's for sure but at least I could somewhat prepare myself for what was to come in the next few minutes.
My doc came in and asked a few questions, then continued the conversation while doing the exam. It made me feel way more comfortable to have a conversation about my job and my husbands job to keep my mind off of what was going on. It definetly eased my mind for my next apt that I would feel comfortable around him.
We got to see the baby, or blob, on the ultrasound and see the heartbeat! It was such an amazing experience! The best way for me to describe it was like little lightening strikes. At this point he said our baby was at 1.6 cm's. I couldn't quite grasp how small that was, until I got on baby center. That is the most amazing website! It keeps me up-to-date on the weekly progress of my baby along with the size, development, etc. It definetly helps first time moms, like myself to know a little more about what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment